Sunday, July 27, 2014

Oatmeal Pancakes


   For about six months now, I have been grain free. Today, I tried some flourless oatmeal pancakes. I decided if I am to introduce any grains back into my diet, I would do it slowly, and gradually and not in large amounts.

   The recipe was simple, which is what attracted me to this recipe. It had common ingredients and was easy to prepare. I added fresh blueberries to the mix.  I have added a link below to the recipe that I had found. They were very good. The site says one serving is one pancake. I think two pancakes is much more reasonable as a serving. Two pancakes is about 250 calories. Nutritional information per pancake is available at the site.

Flourless Oatmeal Pancakes
Ingredients
1 cup quick oats
2 whole eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/5 cup applesauce
1/4 cup nonfat milk

Directions
Whip eggs before mixing other ingredients. Add all other ingredients and let sit for a few minutes. Cook as you would any other pancakes.

Recipe for Flourless Oatmeal Pancakes

No comments:

Post a Comment