Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Getting Enough Fiber

Going grain free can make it difficult to get enough fiber.  Since grain was a primary source of fiber prior to my decision to go grain free, I have to seek out new ways to get it. Of course, vegetables are a great source of fiber but even then, it might be hard to get enough. I have averaged about 15 grams of fiber each day. To supplement my diet, I have added ground flax seed. I add it to my sauteed savoy cabbage while it is in the pan. It can also be sprinkled on any vegetable dish. Ground flax seed can be sprinkled on almond and coconut pancakes just after you put the batter in the pan. You can also take psyllium husk capsules.

I use an android app called Lose It! to track my calories and macronutrients. It is a wonderful way to keep notes as to what I eat and what nutrition it contains. It also tells me where I need to fill in and cover. I am sure there are other apps that are similar.

Enjoy your journey to good food, good health and a great life. - Justin

*Lose It! is a service of FitNow, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment